Shiloh Cottages have been operating for over fifteen years. We have invested much into our well maintained property. In order to protect our investment we must abide by some policies for the safety of our clients and property owners. The management has had a good relationship with our clients in the past, and believe it will be maintained in the future. Please review the following policies. By renting at Shiloh Cottages you agree to the following terms.
1. We require a 50% deposit to confirm a reservation for your vacation cottage. Deposits may be made by mailing a personal cheque to Shiloh Cottages. We will confirm by phone or email when we receive a deposit cheque for a rental cottage. You will receive a confirmation for your rental when your cheque has cleared the banking institution.
2. We also require a $250 security deposit which will be refunded at the end of your stay if everything is in order. Security deposits will be used to cover damages, extra cleaning fees or late departures or disturbances causing grief to other cottagers or the property of Shiloh Christian Centre.
3. Refunds will be issued for cancellations received prior to May 1st. Cancellations made 21 days in advance of your arrival date will be honored by an alternative date or an alternative rental cottage within the next 12 months, subject to availability. Cancellations made less than 21 days of arrival date cannot be refunded.
4. Shiloh Cottages welcomes pets, but they must remain on a leash, and you must clean up after them. If your pet damages any property, the owner will be held responsible for the repairs.
5. Please place all garbage in black garbage bags, and in the appropriate garbage receptacle when you leave. Recycling bins are also provided. The green bin is for paper and cardboard, the blue bin is for clean metal tins, plastic and glass bottles. Recycling must be in the appropriate containers and will not be picked up if it is placed in plastic bags. Recycling occurs on alternate weeks, paper products one week, plastic, metal and glass on the other.
6. For the months of July and August, bookings are from Friday to Friday. Check in time is 4 pm, check out time is 12 pm. We are more flexible during May/June and Sept/Oct.
7 Our property is a family environment and a semi-private property. It is our expectation that alcohol be kept to the confines of the facility that you are renting, and that it be kept in moderation in respect of other families on our property. Alcohol is off-limits to shared areas, such as the beach, dock and sports fields. We also request that smokers do so outside of the cottage, in consideration of the non-smokers who will rent the cottage in the future.
8. To help us maintain a family atmosphere we request that you respect an 11 pm quiet time, at which time we require that all campfires be doused with water, and noise levels be controlled.